There are many times in which mystery shoppers have a confusing time accessing different shops that offer mystery shopping assignments. It’s easy to mix up passwords and forget how to navigate through a particular site for mystery shoppers. There are also times when the details of different assignments for different shops become confused, thus forcing the shopper to figure things out instead of jumping right into the task and beginning their assignment.
Web confusion is actually quite normal, but it is important to figure out ways to minimize it from happening. Not only can it create drawbacks for future assignments, but it can also hinder you from creating high-quality reports and submitting your assignments on time.
It is important for mystery shoppers to learn the ins and outs of using the Internet and certain computer programs properly. To help you get through accessing your assignments online and submitting your reports, here are a few tips you can follow:
- Store all of your necessary passwords and usernames for your mystery shopping jobs in one location. Also include any specific details pertaining to certain jobs in the same location. There are times when you encounter a strict company with added details to follow for confirmation or security purposes, so be sure to jot down the necessary details.
- Keep a list of the shops that you have worked for, applied to, and are currently working on. You should also list the dates on which you have worked for the company and the kind of tasks you have done. This will give you a quick way to refresh yourself on your history with them if you work with them again in the future.
- For tricky navigation on websites and contacting procedures, create procedural steps on your computer and save them for reference. This way, you can easily maneuver without having to keep e-mailing requests for help or trying to find instructional e-mails in your inbox. That can be very time-consuming, especially because it can sometimes take several hours to receive responses.
- Record everything you do online from the time you sign up for a mystery shopping company to the time you accept an assignment to the time you submit a report to the time you receive your payment. This will give you an idea on how a particular company works and what you can expect from a procedural perspective in the future.
- Create a separate folder on your Outbox exclusively for your mystery shopping emails so they are separated from your thousands of personal ones. This will make digging for old emails easier and faster.
President and CEO
Market Viewpoint, LLC
995 Fairview Road, Suite 202
Glenmoore, PA 19343