I hate sappy New Year messages and if I read one more blog, article, letter, card, or email wishing me a Happy New Year, I am going to scream! I would say that I am going to cry, but it seems that John Boehner, United States Speaker of the House, has the market cornered in that regard!
It seems like people have a hard time being creative at this time of year. Maybe they used up all of their creativity over the holidays. My point is this, those messages for success and profitability in 2011 are all the same after a while. To capture my attention (and the attention of a lot of other people) you need to be different in the way you do business and that includes the way your reach your customers and the messages you send. In case you haven’t noticed, there’s a lot of competition out there.
So instead of my wishing all of you who are a part of this blogging community a “Happy New Year”, let me tell what my hopes are for you in 2011:
As a part of our blogging community, I hope…
- all of your customers become raving fans of your products and services
- all of your customers tell all of their friends on Facebook and Twitter how great it is to do business with you
- your customers can readily see the value in what you sell and never quibble about price
- your vendors, clients, contractors, and employees call or email you back within 24 hours
- every resource you need is within your reach
- all of your customers are repeaters
- every experience a customer has with you is fabulous
- all of your employees are top performers
- 2011 is your best year yet
What do you hope for your customers?