Today I’d like to re-visit the topic of delegating tasks and projects and its importance in your business. In this video I share 5 Important Tips about Delegating.
1. Understand that delegating is about letting go – letting go of the project (so that your team can learn and grow) and letting go of your ego (thinking that you have to do everything yourself).
2. You shouldn’t wait for people to volunteer, because they probably aren’t going to. If you communicate your needs, people are more apt to reach out and help you.
3. When you delegate, it is important to explain the objective of the project.
4. Understand that you as a leader need to be available to help if it is needed.
5. It’s very important for you to thank those to whom you have delegated a project.
Do you feel you are good at delegating projects and tasks? If so, what insights can you share? Please feel free to comment below.