Keeping employees motivated and excited about their work to deliver outstanding experiences for your customer can be overwhelming and exhausting.
You can’t change people who don’t want to be changed. You can, however, motivate those who have innate characteristics to allow them to change and adapt.
Identifying the staff members who can naturally deliver these experiences is key to making your days easier.
- Insatiable interest – Hire individuals who want to learn and understand how it all the pieces work together.
- Trustworthy and reliable – Choose a person who your staff, and your customers, can believe has their best interests at heart.
- Great communication skills – Select those people who can listen well and interpret what a customer, co-worker or manager is saying.
- Willing to take calculated risks – Strengthen your team with individuals who are willing to suggest the out of the box ideas – and be willing to learn from the experience should it not succeed.
- Shows well-rounded effort – Embrace the person who has many interests and likes to influence others in all areas of life. Their experiences will bring depth and value to your organization.
When hiring, look for the experience and talent, but go beyond the resume to discover those people who can most effectively support your companies values and deliver extraordinary experiences for your customer, motivate your staff and help your company grow.
Do you have other traits you look for when hiring for your firm? Please share, as well all can learn from your experiences.
If you liked this article and want more information about providing extraordinary customer experiences, join the Market Viewpoint community by clicking here.