Our series on how to choose a mystery shopping company winds up with this post. We’ve shared tips on characteristics and qualities to look for in the mystery shopping company you’ll be entrusting to explore your customers’ experiences. The data gathered is important as it will guide many decisions over the course of the year. Strategic operating, marketing, staffing and financial planning are all affected by what you learn mystery shopping.
We’ve discussed the right questions to ask about:
- Mystery shopping experience, credibility and the shoppers a company uses
- How your team and the mystery shopping team will work together,
- Whether the mystery shopping company has experience working with your specific industry.
We have just a couple more things for you to check on your list before choosing a mystery shopping company.
How Will You Access Your Data?
The first is ease of access to your reports – and analytical views of the results.
Technology makes us more effective and efficient no matter what industry we’re in. Here are some things you should know when it comes to applying technology to your mystery shopping efforts. Using a tech-savvy mystery shopping company can benefit you in the following ways:
– On-line reporting capabilities will allow you and your managers to access your data anytime and anywhere – from computer, tablet or phone.
– Data storage in the form of an online database allows you to capture and store your evaluation results. Over time you can track and trend your performance and improvement.
– Report writing capabilities give you the option to create analytical reports that are meaningful to your organization.
Easy access to reports, accurate and timely results, and streamline reporting all mean a better, faster, more accurate program for you to incorporate into your customer retention strategy.
The Final Question – Let’s Get Personal
And finally, what about the personal touch? The way a mystery shopping company treats clients is something you should be concerned about. But you can’t just come out and ask. Instead, you need to ask indirect questions that will clearly indicate how these companies react to their clients.
The following list of questions might help you get to the heart of this matter:
- How often can I expect you to be in touch after the launch of my program?
- Are there special offers or discounts for loyal customers?
- Will you have staff dedicated to helping us evaluate the results of our mystery shopping efforts?
- How are client problems resolved?
- When was the last time you received an unsolicited testimonial from a client?
- Do you provide training or additional programs and services to help my staff deliver exceptional customer experiences?
Keep in mind that mystery shopping companies are handling intimate data about your operations and your staff. You want this vendor to be considerate and sensitive. They are delivering information that has the potential to change the quality of people’s lives. And the direction of a corporation.
And remember …not only is the customer always watching, they’re always listening too! (so, make sure you mystery shop your phone lines too!)
Please comment below if you have other questions you would want to ask a mystery shopping company. After all, you are our customer – and pleasing you is our number one priority!
If you liked this article and want more information how to create ultimate customer experiences, join the Market Viewpoint community by clicking here.
Do you want to learn how market Viewpoint can help you to measure your customers’ experiences? Contact us today to schedule a free market research consultation.