Mystery shopping offers excellent perks, which is what attracts so many people to the job. Aside from the extra money they can earn from assignments, shoppers also enjoy a more flexible working schedule and the ability to take on assignments wherever they choose. But, like most home-based jobs, people can tend to become lax and forget how to handle their perks in the right way. Flexible time makes it easier to slack off and, ironically, miss deadlines.
Understanding the different perks of mystery shopping and how to handle them in a more effective way will enable shoppers to make full use of their time and enjoy what they do. Here are a few of those perks:
- Extra money – Secret shopping is a great way to earn extra money part-time or in addition to your main job. Just keep in mind that you only get paid once assignments are complete.
- Flexible schedule – In mystery shopping, you can set your own time to work on assignments, so just be sure you allow yourself enough time to complete your visits and reports before the deadline. By organizing your schedule, you can free up time to take on additional assignments and earn even more income.
- Available anywhere – What’s ideal about mystery shopping is the fact that you can request shopping assignments in particular places. There are usually multiple assignments in most cities at any given time, so you can always be a mystery shopper, regardless of where you live or move. To get the most out of this perk, try to accept jobs that are near the city, but outside your locality. Check nearby towns to see if you can find assignments that are near the city where you live.
- No experience required – Stay-at-home moms and dads can be mystery shoppers even if they have no previous experience doing it. If you’re looking for extra income or don’t have a job right now, you can be a mystery shopper. However, just remember to be wary of companies that solicit registration fees because they are typically scammers.
- Trying new things – As a part of the shopping experience, shoppers often get to try the new products and services offered by the company, and sometimes, they are the first to do so. Just remember to not become overwhelmed or too excited about the new product because your main objective is to analyze the experience and submit a comprehensive report.
- Fun – Mystery shopping is fun, but don’t get so excited that you fail to be productive. Make it a point to submit professional and comprehensive reports every time.
President and CEO
Market Viewpoint, LLC
995 Fairview Road, Suite 202
Glenmoore, PA 19343