Mystery shopping is a coveted job because it only requires a few hours to mystery shop at a designated establishment and a couple more to do your report. However, just like any career, in order to be truly successful, you must invest in improving and growing your skill set.
How do you invest in your mystery shopping career? One way, is to further educate yourself on information relating to mystery shopping that will allow you to work more efficiently and productively. If you simply choose to rely on the information you received at the beginning of your mystery shopping career, you will tend to remain stuck in the lower levels of performance, when you could instead be accelerating the growth of your career by putting in some additional effort.
Equipping yourself with valuable information will offer you a great advantage in your job as a mystery shopper. Some of these advantages include:
- Being able to create and submit a more comprehensive and professional report to the company that hired you.
- Being able to accomplish your mystery shopping task successfully and quickly by using effective strategies you have learned from other mystery shoppers or training guides.
- Being referred by your contacts to other companies in need of mystery shoppers due to going “above and beyond” other mystery shoppers.
- Being able to maximize your income by undertaking more complex tasks that utilize your newly acquired skills.
So, how do you invest in your mystery shopping career?
There are several ways you can educate yourself and learn things that will be useful in your mystery shopping career:
- Read about mystery shopping. Whether you prefer print books, eBooks, or blogs, research and study everything that you can that could be beneficial to your work.
- Attend seminars. Any time you hear of a seminar that will be discussing mystery shopping, sign up! Normally, seminars are held to update shoppers on new trends and strategies to use on your assignments.
- Connect with other shoppers. Learn from the experiences of fellow shoppers and determine the do’s and don’ts second hand, so you can avoid some of the pitfalls and gain insight into what works.
- Watch online videos. Just like seminars, they can offer good information and insights.
- If possible, meet with your shopping company. Discuss with them your concerns about mystery shopping and obtain solutions to address them.
- Research online. Constantly equip yourself with the latest updates and tips on mystery shopping.
Putting forth a little effort, and perhaps expense, to further your mystery shopping education – is a fantastic investment in both you and your career that will undoubtedly pay dividends in the long run!