A friend of mine is planning on retiring close to the end of this year. He’s been counting since January. January 2016, that is!
On his fireplace mantle is a set of blocks that reads “XX Mondays to My Retirement”. He’s down to 17 Mondays as of this week. Pretty exciting for him as he anticipates stepping back from 40 years of working and entering his new phase of life.
Those 17 Mondays are also the same number the rest of us have left until ‘the holidays’ happen. For many of us, it is even fewer if we count back to Thanksgiving.
I don’t mean to make you have an anxiety attack!
Rather, as we wind down the summer, get back into routine, and see all those kiddos off on the big yellow school busses, I encourage you to think about how you are spending the rest of those Mondays. And all the days in between.
Make the Next 17 Mondays Count
What are you doing to make the final months of this year the best for your mystery shopping business?
Just like the harvest, mystery shopping opportunities are bountiful in the Fall. Client companies want to make sure their staff is well-trained for the holiday rush. End of year reviews are being conducted for staff members. For many companies, mystery shopping reports are a key component to annual reviews.
If you are looking for your mystery shopping income to ease your holiday shopping bills, September and October are the perfect months to shop, as you will be paid no later than November for those shops. You can shop with ‘cash’ in hand.
Ways to Make More Money Mystery Shopping
- Consider signing on with several new mystery shopping providers. Try stretching yourself and doing shops you have never done before.
- Call your schedulers. Tell them you really want to increase your shopping load and see what shops need to be completed in the next couple of months.
- Coordinate your routes and extend your shopping area. Take a day or two to do a longer route that you might normally consider.
- Scan the boards for web and phone shops which can be done from your home.
- Consider restaurant reimbursement shops for special occasions and celebrations. No one has to know you aren’t footing the whole bill!
Seventeen seems like a small number – but it is 119 days. Days for you to be creative in thinking of ways to make each day count for your mystery shopping business. Then you, too, can look forward to the end of the year just like my friend!
Do you have a special way you bump up your income to help with holiday bills?? Share with others below.
If you liked this article and want more information to help you become a better mystery shopper join the Market Viewpoint community by clicking here.
Click here if you want to join Market Viewpoint’s team of mystery shoppers.
Do you know someone who would be a good mystery shopper? Please forward this post to them! You’ll be sharing the wealth and spreading happiness! And, after all, isn’t that what we all want?