This is the season of dreams and magic. During this time of year, little children wish for presents and special treats as they wait for Santa’s arrival or get ready to light the candles of the menorah. As we grow older, we continue to wish and dream, but it’s not usually for toys and games. We wish for other things that are a whole lot harder to find in this world.
Take me, for example. Most days I just wish for an “easy day” – smooth sailing, no issues, no complaints, and flawless transactions from sunrise to sunset. You would think that this is a fairly simple order for the universe to fill, right? I am sad to report that my wish goes unanswered most days. Our world has become complex and often frustrating, and just when we are finally “getting it,” things change and we are on the learning curve again.
So here is your opportunity as someone with whom I may do business with someday: Make life easy for me and all of your customers. This is all most of us wish for anyway!
- When I call your organization with a problem, don’t make me repeat my story or my demographic information every time I get transferred to a new department.
- Give me access to you beyond 5 o’clock.
- Don’t tell me why you can’t do something, tell me why you CAN, then tell me how you are going to do it.
- Cross-train your staff so when key personnel are on vacation or are out sick, there is always someone there to hold my hand and help.
- Promise me you’ll stay with me through the problem-resolution process. Your world is cold and dark to me, and I can’t navigate it alone. The comforting thing you can say to me is, “I’ll be with you through this process” – and mean it.
So as you plan for the new year and develop new processes and procedures for the delivery of fabulous customer service, remember, keep it simple and you’ll be making all your customers’ dreams come true!
How can you simplify the customer experience in your organization?
If you like our content, please share! Your comments are always read and appreciated.