While mystery shopping may be a good source of income, there are many people who would still like to earn more than what they regularly make with mystery shopping. Though it is a given fact that the longer you are in the business, the more earnings you can obtain, there are also newcomers in the field that can earn just as much as the seasoned veterans. All it takes is identifying and applying the right techniques.
So, how do you really maximize your income in mystery shopping?
- Look for the right assignment. Not all assignments may be appropriate for you. Some assignments have longer time commitments than others, and some may require that you travel a long distance to visit the store. Consider assignments that you can easily accommodate in your normal schedule, are easy to accomplish, and require less of your time to visit the site and perform your task. That way, you save time and can do more assignments, rather than doing just one assignment for a longer period of time.
- Group similar assignments together. Combine assignments that can be found in a single mall or location. You’ll save time and gas.
- Apply to more than one company. The more companies you apply to, the greater the chances are that you’ll generate more assignments.
- Be professional. Mystery shopping is a competitive job, and there are a lot of people who are going to want to work with the same companies and assignments as you do. By doing your work in a professional manner, you will establish a positive reputation that will both grab the attention of other companies and result in companies handing assignments directly to you versus you having to “apply” for them.
- Come to the rescue. Sometimes companies have assignments that are either a high-priority rush or that another mystery shopper dropped the ball on at the last minute. Come to their rescue and they will surely reward you with more direct assignments in the future.
- Search for service assignments. They usually pay more than retail assignments, so be on the lookout for service-related tasks.
President and CEO
Market Viewpoint, LLC
995 Fairview Road, Suite 202
Glenmoore, PA 19343