In our last post, we talked about the importance of working with a mystery shopping company that can provide the high tech component that lends itself to efficiency and effectiveness in today’s competitive environment. But what about the personal touch? The way a mystery shopping company treats its is something you should be concerned about. But you can’t just come out and ask. Instead, you need to ask indirect questions that will clearly indicate how these companies react to their clients.
The following list of questions might help you get to the heart of this matter:
- How often can I expect you to be in touch after the launch of my program?
- Are there special offers or discounts for loyal customers?
- Will you come and visit from time to time to help us evaluate the results of our mystery shopping efforts?
- Do you provide training or additional programs and services to help my staff excel?
- How are client problems resolved?
- When was the last time you received an unsolicited testimonial from a client?
Keep in mind that mystery shopping companies are handling intimate data about your operations and your staff. You want this vendor to be considerate and sensitive to the fact that they are delivering information that has the potential to change the quality of people’s lives and the direction of a corporation.
So what kinds of questions would you ask if you were trying to determine how a company treats its customers?
And remember …not only is the customer always watching, they’re always listening too!