Happy Fall! It’s one of our favorite times of year at Market Viewpoint. We are getting ready for that last quarter push of providing work for our mystery shoppers. It’s a great time of year to be mystery shopping! In our Fall Edition of Mystery Shopping News, we share with ways to enhance your shopping experiences, increase business and income, get organized, and more!
Fall Clean Up – (be sure to read bullet #4!)
Fall is a great time to get organized. A lot of people focus on Spring cleaning, which is fine for outdoors and your home environment. Fall, however, is a wonderful time to clean up your desk and your computer.
Embarking on this project in the Fall provides you more time for the bustle of the busy holiday season. And you will be set to start on your new goals for the new year without all the clutter!
Of course, just thinking about looking at all that is stored on your computer can be overwhelming. So, choose just one project to work on for say 1-2 hours a week. Before you know it, the disorder on your screen will be gone.
Where to start? Here are some suggestions.
- Delete files on your computer that will never be opened again. Unless they are important legal or tax documents, if you haven’t opened a file in over a year – you likely do not need it! Or archive them onto a jump drive to get them out of sight.
- If your computer does not automatically organize your pictures by date, at the very least create folders by year. File the pictures in the appropriate year. Then when you have time you can create a more efficient system.
- Clean up your inbox. Or read this take on Inbox Zero – another way of approaching email clutter.
- Unsubscribe from publications you no longer read.
We are doing our Fall clean up, too, which is why we are suggesting that if our weekly blog emails and monthly Point of View newsletter are no longer applicable to you, then unsubscribe.
There is an unsubscribe option at the bottom of the email. Use it if you no longer want to receive our weekly blogs and monthly newsletter.
You’ll still be signed on as a mystery shopper and you will only receive solicits for assignments and this quarterly email.
But, of course, if you do enjoy our weekly tips and monthly newsletter – and read it – then stay subscribed. And share and comment often! We love to hear from you!
If we all start chipping away at our computer files today, by Thanksgiving, we will all be able to give thanks for a clutter-free computer!
Become a Certified Shopper
MSPA-Americas (formerly MSPA-NA) is the trade organization of the mystery shopping industry. Offering support to both mystery shopping providers and mystery shoppers, MSPA-Americas, sets the standards for mystery shopping.
Independent contractors, or mystery shoppers, can become members of MSPA. There are two levels of membership – Basic and Plus.
A Basic Membership, which is free, provides:
- A listing in the MSPA Independent Contractor database (where schedulers find shoppers0
- Access to the MSPA Americas IC Members Only Facebook Group
- The MSPA Insider, a quarterly electronic newsletter
- Ability to purchase the Intro to Mystery shopping course
- Training opportunities at the standard rate at ShopperFest, MSPA Americas University, and Regional Training conferences
- Access to Opportunity Board Postings
A Plus Membership ($25 annually) provides the first three bullets above, plus:
- Complimentary Intro to Mystery shopping course
- Training opportunities at a discounted rate at ShopperFest, MSPA Americas University, and Regional Training Conferences.
- Access to Opportunity Board postings 24 hours before other members.
- Enrollment in the Abenity discount program, an elite collection of over $4,500 in perks and discounts
- Free Webinar Opportunities
For more information on MSPA-Americas membership and certification opportunities, please visit www.mspa-na.org/contractor
Ways to Find Mystery Shopping Assignments
Presto Insta Shops – This app allows you to see a map of all opportunities from any mystery shopping company who uses Sassie software. So even if you are out of your typical shopping area, you will be able to see if there are shops near you. Vacationing or visiting a friend in another city? Just tap on your app and you will find out where you can grab lunch and complete a shop! Look in the App Store for Presto InstaShopper.
MSPA-NA’s Opportunity Board – With over 140 mystery shopping providers as members, MSPA’s Opportunity Board is always filled with new assignments.
You can still find Market Viewpoint’s new mystery shopping assignments online at our job board.
*** EARN MONEY WITHOUT SHOPPING***
Also, don’t forget that we pay you $10 for referrals. Payment is made after your referral successfully completes their first assignment. Send referral names, phone, and email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org
Market Viewpoint is being targeted in a SCAM! And they are now using Angela Megasko’s name. Look carefully after the @. The scammers are using marketviewspoint or marketviewpoints.com
They add a ‘s’. We do not have a ‘s’ in our URL.
We are NOT currently running paid ads looking for mystery shoppers! Nor are we contacting you through Linked In. There are people contacting potential shoppers through LinkedIn posing as a Market Viewpoint employee.
Do not click on any ads or respond to emails EXCEPT to report them as SPAM. (Click on the arrow and report as SPAM). If you do see one of these, please take a screenshot and forward to email@example.com
There are individuals who are posing as representatives of Market Viewpoint. Some of the names they go by are Paul Hernandez, Randy Sallee, and Paul Louden, among others. If you receive a check in the mail or an offer to conduct a shop that involves buying Visa cards, do NOT follow through. This is not from Market Viewpoint.
If you have been scammed, please email the notices you received to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can try to track down this impersonator. If you see these ads on Facebook or receive a fraudulent contact through LinkedIn, please report them as a scam to these platforms.
Don’t delay in downloading the app, bookmarking opportunity and job board pages, and connecting with us on social media. We want to be sure that you have the shops you want when you need them!
P.S. If you have other ways you know of where you hang out online, please do let me know. We want to be sure we are reaching you so you have the best opportunity to work!