We all want to feel loved, respected and needed in our lives and careers.
Feeling appreciated for what we bring to the table in terms of our skills and talents validates us.
Your job as a manager, supervisor and coach is to help your staff feel respected and appreciated.
By communicating your sincere respect and appreciation, you gain their loyalty to you as their manager and coach, as well as build loyalty to the company as the organization that pays their salary.
Ways to show your direct reports you appreciate them can take the form of:
- Spending quality time with direct reports. Have coffee with them regularly or take them to lunch being sure to get away from the workplace if you can.
- Listening to your employees when they talk to you – really listen.
- Remembering special dates like birthdays or start date anniversaries with a card, email, or phone call
- Never delaying responding to their phone calls or emails. Making them a priority.
- Publicly recognize their accomplishments.
Thank those who work for you everyday. Help someone realize their worth.
If you enjoyed this coaching tip, please share.
We always read and appreciate your thoughtful comments!