Are you a new mystery shopper? Or are you considering a job called “secret shopping”? If so, then below are some excellent tips in order to help you succeed in your new venture. Mystery shopping, like other competitive jobs, also requires the right attitude and decision for you to effectively bring excellent results to your employer. Without the proper approach, you would most likely not maximize your income or easily quit on this great opportunity.
So, if you are ready to become a successful mystery shopper, take note of these useful tips:
- Be professional! It may seem a cliché but it is true. Be professional even though you don’t have to wear professional office clothes when doing your mystery shopping task. Do your job as well as any professional would do. Remember, you only get paid if you do the job right so why not do it right and do it professionally.
- Always follow the instructions and follow every detail of it. There are companies that really provide a comprehensive detail on what they want you to do so it is essential that you have to follow each of these details. It is okay if you have to consider even the tiniest details, it’s just part of the gig.
- Do not become too personal in your report. You are not there to provide your personal complaints on the report but instead be straightforward and objective in your reporting. Companies are hiring professional mystery shoppers so they also expect professionally written reports.
- Accept only what you think you can accomplish. Yes, you want to maximize your income so you do more than one assignment. It is okay as long as you can cope with the work. Never accept an assignment that you think you cannot accomplish because you have another assignment going on too or you are having some personal problems. This will affect your status as a mystery shopper later on once you have assignments in some companies left unfinished.
- Accept a rush assignment that is supposedly meant for another shopper who cancelled it. This will make you look more reliable as you can do a task even if time is already constrained. But, again, never accept it if you think you cannot accomplish it.
- Organize! Organize your home office so you get motivated to work on your report. Have all the essentials you need similar to working in a real office setup. Even as simple as a calculator, a good pen and post-its will come a long way for you.
President and CEO
Market Viewpoint, LLC
995 Fairview Road, Suite 202
Glenmoore, PA 19343